Offering affordable hearing aids and assistive devices.
For patients with hearing problems that cannot be corrected medically or surgically, our offices dispense and service a wide variety of hearing aids and assistive devices.
Our audiologists work individually with patients to select hearing aids that best suits their needs and lifestyles. Once the audiological and medical evaluations have been completed, and your needs evaluated, we will then help you to determine if hearing aids would be beneficial. In our consultation with you, some of the following items will be discussed:
- Hearing test results: describing the type and degree of hearing loss.
- One versus two hearing aids: Our audiologists will discuss with you the advantages of using two hearing aids versus one.
- Type of technology: digital, programmable, or conventional.
- Style of hearing aids: ITE, BTE, ITC, and CIC Communication demands:
- Lifestyle, job, telephone, etc.
- Follow Up Appointments: When purchasing new hearing aids, a 30-day trial period is required by law. During this time, your hearing aids should be worn on a daily basis. You will return to the audiologist in approximately two weeks following your purchase for adjustments. During the trial period, the hearing aids may be adjusted several times. At the end of the trial period, you may decide that you don’t want the hearing aids. You may return them for credit, less a dispensing fee. You also have the opportunity to try a different type of instrument or technology if appropriate.
The following are the four main styles of hearing aids.Your final decision will be based on the degree of your hearing loss, your listening needs, and your personal preference.
This is the smallest hearing aid on the market. It is available in digital, programmable, and conventional technology. It will accommodate mild to moderate hearing loss.
This hearing aid is slightly bigger than the CIC. It is available in digital, programmable, and conventional technology. It will accommodate mild to moderate hearing loss.
Our audiology department has access to all of the above styles and technologies. We have state-of-the-art hearing instruments available from all major manufacturers. We will evaluate your individual needs and help you select the style, technology, and brand that will be best for you.
We carry hearing aids and assistive listening products from the following manufactureres:
Contact R Cohen Audiology Associates today to find out more: email@example.com or call us at 914-948-7070